Firefighter / Transition Departmental Certificate
This program is offered at Clark State's Bellefontaine and Springfield - Leffel Lane locations.
This course is also offered as a direct delivery outreach offering as requested
This 120 hour course builds on the awareness level 36 hour Volunteer Firefighter course. The course uses extensive hands-on labs to help the student move from an awareness level only Firefighter to a NFPA 1001 Standard Firefighter.
- CEVO - Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator certification with documented 8 hours of hands on driving skills
- Hazardous Materials Operations level certificate
- Interior live fire training
- Vehicle extrication training
- Advanced PPE/SCBA training
- Ventilation and tools
- Rope use and care
- Salvage and overhaul
- Ground ladders
- 16 Life Safety Initiatives
This course transitions the basic 36 hour Volunteer Firefighter to a NFPA 1001 Level 1 Firefighter. The course prepares the firefighter to:
- Operate inside burning structures.
- Safely place and climb ground ladders
- Determine need and apply sound ventilation practices.
- Gain skills in incident command and basic first aid.
36 hour Volunteer Firefighter certification, NIMS 100 & 700, valid driver's license.
Information about NIMS 100 is available at https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-100.b
Information about NIMS 700 is available at https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-700.a
Must achieve 78% overall course average, successfully pass the Ohio Department of Public Safety exam with minimum 70%, and pass all Pro Board Accredited skill stations.
|FFC 1020||Firefighter I Transition||5|
|Total Credit Hours||5|
Class Schedule Planning
The planning schedule below indicates when and where courses in your program of study will be offered for the next two academic years. This is helpful information when planning your class schedule for each semester.
Disclaimer: This information is for planning purposes only and does not guarantee availability. Clark State Community College will make every effort to offer courses as listed above but reserves the right to change, add, and cancel course offerings for unforeseen circumstances.