This program is offered at Clark State's Beavercreek, Bellefontaine and Springfield - Leffel Lane locations.
All coding resources available in print and online. Upon successful completion, the certificate recipient will be able to:
- Analyze information and demonstrate comprehension.
- Code medical documents and assists in the management of patient’s health information.
- Demonstrate accurate coding of procedures and diagnoses utilizing resources, such as, CPT, ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and HCPCS.
- Perform office administrative functions using critical thinking, management, prioritizing, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate coding skills by qualifying to take the Certified Coding Associate (CCA) exam through (AHIMA) the American Health Information Management Association and the Certified Electronic Health Record (CEHR) exam through the (NHA) National Healthcareer Association.
Students should follow the recommended sequencing of courses, with consideration to the pre/co requisites, including college preparatory (CPE) requirements.
Download the curriculum sheet for this major.
|OAD 1105||Business English||4|
|OAD 2205||Electronic Health Records||3|
|BIO 1105||Fundamentals of Anatomy and Physiology||3|
|ITS 1105||Computer Concepts and Software Applications||3|
|MST 1105||Medical Terminology||2|
|OAD 2301||CPT/ICD-10-PCS Coding||3|
|OAD 2302||ICD-10-CM Coding||3|
|EBE 1000||Employability Skills||1|
|ENG 2211||Business Communication||3|
|MST 1140||Human Disease||3|
|OAD 2312||Advanced Medical Coding||3|
|OAD 2320||Medical Office Certification Review||1|
|EBE 2500||Co-op/Internship Seminar||1|
|EBE 2701||Co-op Education I||1|
|Total Credit Hours||34|
Class Schedule Planning
The planning schedule below indicates when and where courses in your program of study will be offered for the next two academic years. This is helpful information when planning your class schedule for each semester.
Disclaimer: This information is for planning purposes only and does not guarantee availability. Clark State Community College will make every effort to offer courses as listed above but reserves the right to change, add, and cancel course offerings for unforeseen circumstances.