Nurse Aide Short-Term Technical Certificate
This program is offered at Clark State's Beavercreek, Bellefontaine and Springfield - Leffel Lane locations.
This 84 hour course will introduce students to the principles and procedures of basic patient care for a variety of individuals. The course is regulated by the Ohio Department of Health and 100% attendance is required. Students must complete specific health requirements and a criminal background check at their own expense prior to the clinical experience.
Upon completion of the Nurse Aide Short-term Technical Certificate the graduate will be able to:
- Form relationships, communicate, and interact competently on a one-to-one basic with long-term care facilities residents.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the residents' physical, emotional, social, and mental health needs.
- Assist residents in attaining and maintaining functional independence.
- Exhibit behavior in support and promotion of residents' rights.
- Demonstrate observation and documentation skills needed in support of the assessment of the long-term care residents' health, physical condition, and well-being.
After completing the classroom and clinical components, students will be prepared for entry level employment in long term care, home healthcare, hospice, many free standing clinics and/or the hospital setting. Students will also receive a certificate of completion which will allow them to take the Ohio nurse aide exam. After passing both the written and skills components of the exam, the student will be placed on the Ohio Nurse Aide Registry
Successful completion of this course within two years of entry into the first clinical nursing course of the LPN and RN programs meets the prerequisite nurse aide requirement of these programs.
Download the curriculum plan for this certificate.
|MST 1181||Nurse Aide Training Nurse Aide Training||4|
|Total Credit Hours||4|
Class Schedule Planning
The planning schedule below indicates when and where courses in your program of study will be offered for the next two academic years. This is helpful information when planning your class schedule for each semester.
Disclaimer: This information is for planning purposes only and does not guarantee availability. Clark State Community College will make every effort to offer courses as listed above but reserves the right to change, add, and cancel course offerings for unforeseen circumstances.