Paramedic Certification for Registered Nurses
This program is offered at Clark State's Springfield location.
This program is designed to provide education encompassing the entire Paramedic curriculum in an enhanced format. The registered nurse who has prior education and experience in emergency and/or critical care will have the opportunity to achieve advanced standing in the Paramedic Certification Program.
An individual seeking a career in emergency medical services should realize that to be successful, he/she must be emotionally stable, flexible and physically fit enough to perform the minimum entry-level job requirements.
Prior to entering EMS 2288, the student must meet the following entrance requirements:
- Complete a Request to Enter form, available on-line or from the Public Safety Services office.
- Have Ohio EMT-Basic certification.
- Have current BLS/CPR provider, ACLS provider or instructor, and PALS provider or instructor certification. PHTLS or ITLS provider certifications are recommended.
- Complete physical exam and health requirements.
- Complete criminal background check if required by clinical agency.
- Have active Ohio licensure/certification as RN, nurse practitioner, respiratory therapist or physician’s assistant.
|EMS 2288||Paramedic Theory/RNs||5|
|Total Credit Hours||5|