Admissions & Financial Aid
Student Life
About Clark State
Workforce Training

Current Students NavMenu
Faculty/Staff NavMenu
Community NavMenu

Apply Online
A-Z Index
Contact Us

If you are a veteran, a spouse of a veteran or a dependent child of a veteran, you may qualify for educational benefits. If you have served in the United States military, Selected Reserve or National Guard, financial assistance for college may be available. An academic advisor specializing in educational benefits for veterans will assist students who qualify for this type of assistance to cover the expense of college tuition. Follow the steps below to get started.

Step 1
In order to receive GI Bill educational benefits, go online to The Department of Veterans Affairs Road Map to Success and choose the GI Bill benefit that is best for you. Once you have applied, you do not need to wait until you are approved for benefits to take the next step.

Step 2
Complete the admissions process at Clark State. Through this process you will also receive academic advising that will include the registration process and student services. One important note: You must have a declared major to use GI Bill benefits (Personal Interest or Departmental Certificate programs are not acceptable). Again, don't wait to complete this step before completing step 3.

Step 3
Order a copy of your military training transcript and/or any transcripts from colleges where you completed courses and have the transcripts sent to Clark State for evaluation. It may be possible to receive college credit for your military training. Any transfer credit may shorten the time needed to complete your degree at Clark State. Clark State will make the final decision about whether to grant credit for military training/experience and prior college credit.

  • If you are prior Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps or Navy (Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans), you can order your military training transcript online from the JST website.
  • Prior Air Force (Active Duty, Reserve and Veterans), visit the Community College of the Air Force or call the Education and Training Office at WPAFB 937.904.4801 for more information about transfer credits and civilian career equivalents.
  • Contact any colleges you previously attended to request a copy of your transcripts be sent to Clark State.

Step 4
Call the veterans services specialist at 937.328.6462 to schedule an appointment. The veterans services specialist will discuss further processes required to receive your educational benefits and provide important information on what you must do to maintain the benefit while taking classes at Clark State.

Download the appropriate PDF handout on the process for receiving your benefits at Clark State:

Download the Veterans Enrollment Certification card. Any student using a VA educational benefit will need to complete this card each semester enrolled in classes at Clark State.

Other Veterans Resources
The Benefits Resource Guide shows veterans where to go for many issues such as disability claims, emergency financial aid and others.

The Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES) program in which military troops can take CLEP exams is now known as the DSST (DANTES Subject Standardized Tests).

Helpful Links for Veterans and Dependents

WPAFB Active Military Personnel

Clark State has partnered with the Community College of the Air Force to provide the general education courses needed to complete an associate degree. As part of this partnership, Clark State offers a reduced tuition rate to all active military personnel stationed at Wright Patterson Air Force Base. In order to be eligible for the discounted tuition, you must present active orders and your military badge.

There are many reasons why active military personnel choose Clark State!

  • Special reduced tuition rate of $67.50 per credit hour!
  • Easy completion of your associate degree. Take the rest of your general education course requirements at Clark State and transfer them back to Community College of the Air Force. Or you can transfer your credits from CCAF to Clark State.
  • Begin your bachelor’s degree by completing the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science transfer degree at Clark State.  Complete our Transfer Module set of courses and transfer the courses to the college/university of your choice. Or complete one of our fail-safe transfer degrees and begin as a junior at Wright State University. Transfer degree programs are offered in the areas of business, chemistry, English, math, physics, psychology, social work and teacher education. (Some of the transfer programs are only offered at our Springfield campus.  See an advisor for details.)
  • Complete one of our many technical degrees or certificates in your field of interest in business, technology, allied health or criminal justice. 
  • College personnel trained to deal with adult and traditional students for advising and for financial aid assistance.


Veterans Services

Rhodes Hall
E-Mail Us »


Paying for College

How much does it cost to go to Clark State? Less than you think. Our tuition is one of the lowest in Ohio

Admissions Packet

Interested in Clark State? Sign up below to receive an admissions packet

Apply Online
Get Started