Admissions & Financial Aid
Student Life
About Clark State
Workforce Training

Current Students NavMenu
Faculty/Staff NavMenu
Community NavMenu

Apply Online
A-Z Index
Contact Us

Whether you are visiting for the Summer or taking classes within the regular academic year, below is some important information you need to be successful if you plan to transfer courses back to your home institution.

Some schools require pre-approval from the home institution before a student can register for classes at another. Please make sure you contact your home school academic advisor or registrar to complete this paperwork, if necessary, before visiting Clark State's Records and Registration Office.

It is very important that you review your academic program at your home institution to determine what courses you need for your degree/certification. Print a list of what courses you need to complete and bring it with you when you meet with one of our advisors.

Many of our classes require completion of pre- or co-requisites before a student can enroll. Please have a copy of your completed coursework at your home institution. This can be an unofficial copy of your transcript from the registrar or a print out of your grades. A Clark State admissions specialist, academic advisor or registrar must review your home institution coursework and sign your registration card before you can enroll in classes.

If you cannot produce a copy of your transcript or grade report which proves successful completion of prerequisites, you must take the ACCUPLACER Placement Tests.

Note: Students who are attending Clark State as a transient student must file an official transcript from their home institution within the first semester of attendance at Clark State. An unofficial copy of a transcript with posted grades may be sufficient for first semester advising.

Process to Get Started at Clark State

  • Gather your paperwork (see above).
  • Complete an Admissions Application – Mark 803 for your Major title/code number.
  • Decide what courses you need to take based on your home institution’s requirements. View our class schedule.
  • Visit with an admissions specialist or academic advisor.
  • Submit your signed registration card, home college grades/transcript form and pre-approval sheet (if necessary) to the Records and Registration Office. Your registration card must be signed by an admissions specialist, academic advisor, the registrar or the transfer credit specialist. A signature indicates that the student met with an advisor, however it is the student’s responsibility to confirm transferability with their home school.
  • Visit the Financial Aid Office if necessary.
  • Visit the Cashier’s Office to arrange payment.

At the end of term, stop by the Records and Registration Office to request that an official transcript of your coursework is sent to your home college.

Apply Online
Get Started