Clark State Community College is committed to effective teaching and student learning. However, only through a consistent and thorough assessment process can the Institution be sure that students are learning and that teaching is effective.
At the heart of the College’s commitment is an assessment of student learning process that faculty developed and continue to refine. The Clark State Community College assessment process includes the following:
- Program and Division assessment plans, with standards geared to meet the needs of students in individual programs and general education requirements.
- A faculty-driven system in which faculty determine outcomes, goals, and objectives for each program.
- Regular review and analysis of data, resulting in changes to standards and teaching practices.
- Administrative support and resources to aid the collection, analysis, and use of data.
Faculty in each program draw up an assessment plan outlining the learning outcomes assessed, those responsible for data collection and analysis, the types of data collected, the desired results, and the actual results obtained for each outcome. In addition, general education data is collected in each program. In the fall semester an assessment report is prepared for each program detailing the data gained during the previous academic year, providing analysis, and discussing possible curricular or pedagogical changes in response to the data. Faculty meetings and faculty professional development days built into the academic calendar are used to discuss the results and any necessary changes. A faculty assessment committee provides support for faculty in drafting and implementing plans, and the committee reviews each program’s assessment report in consultation with the division Dean. Each year, as new data are collected and compared to that of the previous year, trends are determined and longer- term goals and changes are implemented in response to the changing needs of students.
The links below provide information about Clark State Community College’s commitment and efforts to achieve students’ success and include reports that provide demographic and performance information.
- Clark State’s Student Success Plan
- Assessment of Student Learning Process and Plan
- Common Learning Outcomes (CORE)
- Program Specific Learning Outcomes
- Special Features/Institution Wide Student Learning
- Articulation and Transfer Monitoring Report
- Clark State Facts
- Clark State’s College Portrait
- Ohio Community Colleges Portrait
- Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE) Report
- Fall to Fall Retention Rates
- First Destination and Workforce Credentials Monitoring Report
- Graduates by Academic Year
- Graduate Survey by Major 2003-2007
Sara T. Landess Technology and Learning Center