Our Strategic Plan
Clark State began the strategic planning process in the fall of 2013, and the final product is the result of a campus-wide collaborative effort. The 2015-2020 Strategic Plan will serve as a road map to lead the College into the future and ensure that Clark State is focused on student success and serving our communities.
|Phase 1||Phase 2||Phase 3|
|Reflect on our Mission, Vision, Guiding Principles and Distinctiveness.||Create three Strategic Planning goals to implement.||Organize initiative task forces and receive campus–wide input.|
To create an atmosphere of transparency and trust, Clark State tasked the Strategic Planning and Resource Council (SPARC) in September of 2013 to develop a strategic plan that would be implemented 2015-2020. SPARC consists of administrators, faculty, staff, area stakeholders and students that developed the three-phase plan above.
Due to the hard work of the committees, Phases 1 and 2 were completed by the beginning of 2014. Phase 3, was later launched in 2014 because it required campus-wide voting and modifications. Since then, most of the initiatives have been completed to fulfill the requirements of the three strategic goals. However, the college is still determining what makes it distinctive. Overall, with the creation of SPARC in 2013, employees, students and stakeholders were given a voice to create positive changes for Clark State Community College.
Strategic Plan Initiatives
Goal 1: Increase enrollment, student success, engagement, retention and completion.
- Implement an advising model that increases student preparedness, retention and completion.
- Develop comprehensive 1st year experience that encourages student success, engagement, retention and completion.
- Create academic pathways and articulations that are responsive to workforce needs.
- Increase student access by developing a strategic enrollment management plan.
Goal 2: Improve communication and collaboration within the College and with our diverse communities, businesses, and industries.
- Enhance awareness and visibility of Clark State via strategic marketing and comprehensive promotion campaigns.
- Increase communication and community stakeholder engagement.
- Develop opportunities for collaboration and engagement among faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- Leverage technology to increase communication and collaboration, both internal and external to the College.
Goal 3: Develop quality academic, community and support programs by creating an innovative learning environment.
- Restructure and redesign developmental education.
- Identify and provide resources for teaching and learning for academic and instructional support.
- Provide professional development that facilitates teaching and learning, and improves programs and services.
- Create partnerships with business and industry to align and advance college programs in a competitive global economy.
We want students who begin at Clark State to have the strongest chance for success. Based on research we know that students who have a comprehensive introduction to Clark State and all that we have to offer will have better chances of completion. With that in mind, we set out to create a comprehensive journey for our students. We continually review and improve our intake process, as well as our teaching and academic support in order to help our students reach their goals. Our students are our number one priority, which is why we have invested so much in providing the necessary resources to see them succeed and leave Clark State prepared for the workforce or ready for their next step in higher education.