March 29, 2017
Clark State Will Host 30th Annual Health Fair on Campus
MEDIA CONTACT: Laurie Means | Director of Marketing | 937.328.6145Follow @clarkstatenews
The Clark State Community College 30th annual Health Fair will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wednesday, April 5 in the LRC, Security National Bank Community Room 207-209 on the Leffel Lane campus in Springfield.
“We usually have an estimated 300 to 400 people who attend the event,” said Health Fair coordinator and Health Clinic nurse for Clark State Roberta Richards. “It was started in 1987 by the Health Clinic nurse at that time Jeanette Miesse.”
The Health Fair is free of charge and open to Clark State faculty, staff, students and the general public. “This opportunity would especially benefit the elderly, persons with little or no medical insurance, those with high co-pays or deductibles, individuals without a regular family physician or those who are financially challenged,” said Richards.
Patrons can also take advantage of the Health Fair opportunity to see the Clark State campus, learn more about area resources and participate in numerous health screenings at little or no cost.
More than 45 agencies from Springfield, Dayton and Columbus will be on-site to provide various health screenings, services and tests, including:
- Mobile mammography offered by Springfield Regional Imaging Center (Appointments preferred. Contact the Health Clinic at 937-328-6042 for more information.)
- A1C ($10, non-fasting) being offered by Occupational Health and Medicine
- Vision screening by Wal-Mart Vision Center
- Miami Valley Child Development Centers (Head Start)
- Hearing by Earzlink
- Bone Density by Springfield Regional Imaging Center
- Blood Sugars by Clark County Combined Health District
- Lipid Profiles by Occupational Health and Medicine ($20, 4-hour fast)
- Blood Pressures, Heights and Weights by Clark State’s Health Clinic
- Neck and Upper Massages by Clark State’s Physical Therapist Assistant students
- Multiple health and social services agencies from the Springfield area and beyond
The Health Fair presents the opportunity to learn about health and social services resources available in the community and offers educational information on specific health topics.