Art changes lives. Art changes communities.
Nationally recognized, Project Jericho is a program of Clark State Community College supported through funding from Clark County Department of Job and Family Services, Clark County Juvenile Court, the Ohio Arts Council, The Turner Foundation and individual contributions. Project Jericho offers high quality, in-depth visual and performing art opportunities year-round to youth and families in Clark County.
The program is based on recent research that demonstrates the positive impact of arts programs on youth and families, including (among other indicators):
- Increases in self-esteem and improvements in communication skills
- Decreases in delinquent behavior and court referrals
- Improved ability to complete home and school tasks
In 2008, Project Jericho was honored at the White House with one of just 15 national Coming Up Taller Awards from the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities. Over 350 youth organizations from 47 states were nominated for Coming Up Taller Awards.
Like, follow and share your story with us via our social media channels!
Check out these videos that highlight what we are able to bring to our community!
- Enchanted: Winter Family Arts Camp 2018
- Catching Light on Main Street (2017)
- The Road Less Traveled: 2016 Summer Arts Camp