Custodian, Third Shift
This position closes October 15, 2019.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, 1.0FTE
GRADE LEVEL: 3
LOCATION: All CSCC Facilities
SHIFT: Monday-Thursday 10 p.m. - 6:30 a.m., Friday 5 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.
DEPT: Physical Plant
INCUMBENT: Vacant EMPLOYEE SIGNATURE:
REPORTS TO: Maintenance and Custodial
POSITION PURPOSE – Brief summary of position
This position performs routine and project cleaning and some maintenance in assigned building or other
College buildings as needed. Duties frequently require the use of personal protective clothing and or
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general supervision, this position performs the following duties:
- Unlocks or secures buildings in accordance with approved schedules and guards property against fire, theft and illegal entry.
- Checks mechanical equipment, lights and replaces lights.
- Knows locations of fire extinguishers, alarm boxes and is able to complete monthly inspections of equipment.
- Obeys all safety regulations including Material Safety Data Sheets and College safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Straightens, dusts, and cleans furniture, fixtures, window sills, doors, furnishings; performs mopping, sweeping, dust mopping, and scrubbing of floors, walls, windows and other surfaces; cleans and services restrooms daily as required.
- Performs project cleaning; scrubbing, waxing, heating vents, carpet cleaning, glass, etc.
- Collects refuse (trash), co-mingle recycling and paper recycling removing it from the building to the correct exterior dumpster (container).
- Removes snow and ice from entrances, walks, handicap ramps, and stairs. Applies snow and ice melting chemicals as needed and directed. Snow removal work does require mandatory overtime.
- Polices grounds.
- Moves furniture as directed by supervisor.
- Advises supervisor or appropriate persons of any irregularities or problems.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – List minimum requirements necessary to perform essential duties
and responsibilities, i.e., High School/GED plus 3-5 years related experience or AS Degree preferred.
High school graduate or GED equivalent
Two years related experience preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES – List basic skills and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, i.e., computer skills, oral and written skills, interpersonal skills, presentation skills, ability to motivate employees, etc.
- Ability to operate and complete daily service of floor cleaning machines (autoscrubbers, carpet extractors).
- Ability to identify improper noises coming from mechanical rooms and report to maintenance technician or supervisor.
- Ability to operate after hour alarm systems (SONITROL/NWOSS).
- Ability to use snow removal equipment (snow blowers, gators).
- Ability to use computer to enter time sheets, check HDA (help desk authority) and EMS (Event Management System)
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment in performance of assigned duties.
- Ability to work irregular schedules, hours and overtime. Including Saturdays, holidays, morning shifts, mid-day shifts, second shift and third shift.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS – List minimum requirements necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, i.e., Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Certified NetWare Engineer (CNE), Professional Human Resources (PHR), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Notary Public, Ability to be Bonded, etc.
- Valid Ohio Driver's License
Download Information about our Custodian, Third Shift position.