The Clark State Community College Board of Trustees met September 17 and approved the following items:
- Release up to $62,000 from College reserves to purchase internal and external security cameras for the Performing Arts Center and Sara T. Landess Technology and Learning Center and replacement monitor defibrillators for the EMS program.
- Empire Building Co., LLC was awarded the general contractor bid for the Student Success Center project that will break ground later this fall.
Three new hires were also approved:
- Melinda Mohler, instructional faculty for History
- Carla Boomershine, Instructor, Registered Nursing
- Matthew Franz, Director, Information Technology
The Board accepted the retirement of Dr. David Devier, Vice President, Academic and Student Affairs. Dr. Devier has worked at Clark State for the past six years and was instrumental in increasing dual enrollment with local high schools and the College’s expanded offerings in Logan County.