Featuring world class illusionists handpicked from across the globe, Broadway’s smash hit THE ILLUSIONISTS is back with a brand new show designed to transport audiences back to the golden age of magic when conjurers were the true rock stars of the day. THE ILLUSIONISTS –TURN OF THE CENTURY™ showcases the origins of the greatest and most dangerous illusions ever built and unveils never-before-seen experiments drawn from a treasure trove of long-forgotten mysteries.
"We are really shaking things up by giving visitors an unforgettable new production that shines the spotlight on what was truly a magical time in history,” says Producer Simon Painter. “With ‘Turn of the Century,’ audiences discover the spectacles that transformed stage entertainment more than 100 years ago.”
Painter said they wanted to return to Springfield because of their successful show at the Performing Arts Center last year. “We were there for five days rehearsing, and the company enjoyed working at the Clark State Performing Arts Center,” he said. “The team there was exceptional.”
Tickets for THE ILLUSIONISTS – TURN OF THE CENTURY™ are on sale now and are available at the Clark State Performing Arts Center Box Office by phone at 800-745-3000 or online at ticketmaster.com.
The cast of THE ILLUSIONISTS – TURN OF THE CENTURY™ includes:
- The Charlatan, Dana Daniels has been recognized by his peers as one of the best comedian magicians working today. His unique twist on the craft leads to audiences being amazed and distracted, which is right where he likes them.
- The Eccentric, Charlie Frye never fails to keep audiences laughing and applauding all at once. Trained in the rich tradition of vaudeville Frye synthesize virtuosic skills and a passionate love of their art into something classic, yet undeniably fresh – something that astounds even as it entertains.
- The Daredevil, Jonathan Goodwin is widely considered one of the most creative, skilled and frankly crazy stunt performers in the world. He is an accomplished knife thrower, archer, escape artist, fakir, martial artist, free diver and free climber. Unlike the other performers in the show, Jonathan is not a magician or illusionist, but he will leave any audience breathless with his death-defying stunts.
- The Showman, Mark Kalin has been one of the most influential magicians of the last decade. As a young man, Mark’s specialty was sleight-of-hand magic, but he later enlarged his act, with Jinger Leigh, to include tigers, panthers and sensational, split-second marvels.
- The Conjuress, Jinger Leigh brings aunique blend of elegance and theatricality that has redefined the role of the magician. A modern conjuress in a very ancient art, Jinger has earned fans around the world and has been performing for audiences since she was 15 years old.
- The Clairvoyants, Thommy Ten and Amélie van Tass are innovative young celebrities in the world of mentalism. These European shooting stars and “America’s Got Talent” runners-up have the ability to reveal audiences’ innermost thoughts in a way the baffles even their fellow magicians.
- The Grand Carlini – Justo Thaus is considered a master string-puller who performs a musical number that fuses magic with puppetry. The act is the result of many years of training and preparation under the likes of Pepe Carrol, Juan Tamariz, Camilo Vazquez and many more. His amazing dexterity is belied by his tiny stature, and his ability to perform illusions that take even the most human of magicians years to master is a wonder of this world.
- The Immortal, Rick Thomas is well known as one of the most successful illusionists working today, having completed five world tours covering over 50 countries. A world-class magician, physical comedian, trained mime, ventriloquist, inventor and master of intricate shadow puppetry, Thomas’ unique spin on magic guarantees belly laughs and gasps of amazement to people of every age.
In addition to Producer Simon Painter, the creative team for THE ILLUSIONISTS – TURN OF THE CENTURY™ includes Executive Producer Tim Lawson and Director Neil Dorward.
About MagicSpace Entertainment
MagicSpace Entertainment is headed by Lee D. Marshall, Joe Marsh, John Ballard, Steve Boulay and Bruce Granath and has been producing and presenting national tours, Broadway shows, concerts and museum exhibits worldwide for over 35 years. Consistently one of the top promoters in the world, MagicSpace Entertainment typically produces and presents more than 350 events worldwide per year. Recent Broadway credits include The Illusionists - Witness the Impossible (Broadway & West End), The Illusionists– Live On Broadway, Donny & Marie – A Broadway Christmas, American Idiot and RAIN - A Tribute To The Beatles On Broadway. National tour credits include The Illusionists – Live From Broadway, Lord of the Dance created by Michael Flatley, Jamie Hyneman and Adam Savage starring in Mythbusters – Unleashed, Alton Brown Live, Mannheim Steamroller Christmas by Chip Davis, Donny & Marie Christmas, RAIN – A Tribute to the Beatles, The Magic of David Copperfield, Circus 1903 – The Golden Age of Circus, Jesus Christ Superstar, A Chorus Line and national concert tours by Janet Jackson, Cher and Fleetwood Mac to name just a few. Touring museum exhibitions produced include Jurassic World: The Exhibition, Tutankhamun and the Golden Age of the Pharaohs exhibition, Titanic: The Exhibition and Diana – A Celebration, St Peter and the Vatican: The Legacy of the Popes exhibition. MagicSpace Entertainment has offices in Park City and Salt Lake City, UT.