Clark State unveiled its Strategic Plan to the community today at The Hollenbeck Bayley Creative Arts and Conference Center. The 2015-2020 plan will guide the College’s direction and position Clark State as a regional partner focused on student success and workforce development.
"Clark State began the strategic planning process in the fall of 2013 and the final product is the result of a campus-wide collaborative effort," said Jo Alice Blondin, Ph.D, president, Clark State Community College. "Once we established our mission, vision and guiding principles, we agreed upon goals that will enable Clark State to further support the success of our students and enhance our role as an integral partner in the communities we serve."
Our Mission is …
To serve a diverse population of learners by providing access to high-quality, learning-centered education and services while fostering individual and community success.
Clark State will build a community that empowers individuals to experience intellectual growth by creating opportunities for them to be accepted, challenged, held accountable, rewarded, and transformed.
We believe in the power of education to change people’s lives.
- Learning: We value the use of best academic practices and resources to create a learning community that challenges, transforms, and empowers students and employees.
- Community: We trust, respect, and care for people with whom we work and serve.
- Partnerships: We foster collaborationto address student and stakeholder needs and to contribute to the economic and social well-being of our region.
- Innovation: We push the boundaries of creativity.
Strategic Planning Goals
Goal 1: Increase enrollment, student success, engagement, retention and completion.
- Implement an advising model that increases student preparedness, retention and completion.
- Develop comprehensive 1st year experience that encourages student success, engagement, retention and completion.
- Create academic pathways and articulations that are responsive to workforce needs.
- Increase student access by developing a strategic enrollment management plan.
Goal 2: Improve communication and collaboration within the College and with our diverse communities, businesses, and industries.
- Enhance awareness and visibility of Clark State via strategic marketing and comprehensive promotion campaigns.
- Increase communication and community stakeholder engagement.
- Develop opportunities for collaboration and engagement among faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- Leverage technology to increase communication and collaboration, both internal and external to the College.
Goal 3: Develop quality academic, community and support programs by creating an innovative learning environment.
- Restructure and redesign developmental education.
- Identify and provide resources for teaching and learning for academic and instructional support.
- Provide professional development that facilitates teaching and learning, and improves programs and services.
- Create partnerships with business and industry to align and advance college programs in a competitive global economy.