Clark State Community College will commemorate Veterans Day with various campus activities including the display of 2,000 United States flags on the Leffel Lane campus, the Greene Center campus in Beavercreek and the Bellefontaine campus. The POW/MIA flag will also be erected on the flag pole of the Leffel Lane campus.
“We will be honoring our veterans and servicemen and women,” said Justin McCulla, director of athletics and student life for Clark State. “Our Student Ambassadors will have a table in the Rafinski Student Center this week from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. We encourage everyone to stop by and get involved in our Veterans Day activities.”
McCulla said this year Clark State will have four days of activities and opportunities for faculty, staff and students to thank veterans and active service members, including:
- A framed U.S. flag at the Greene Center campus in Beavercreek for faculty, staff and students to sign.
- Bulletin boards displaying stars with names of family members and friends who served or are currently serving in the military.
- Students, faculty and staff are able to write thank-you notes to family members and friends who served or are currently serving in the military.
- Thursday, November 10 at 11 a.m.: A Moment of Silence to honor fallen military service members.
- A Memorial Wall replica will be displayed with names and service of those who are from Clark, Greene, Champaign and Logan counties.
- All Clark State campuses will be closed on Friday, November 11 in honor of Veterans Day.
Clark State has also received the designation of Top School in the 2017 Military Advanced Education & Transition (MAE&T) Guide to Colleges & Universities. This honor is awarded to institutions with the very best practices in military- and veteran-supportive education.
The 2017 Guide is published in a searchable database online. Students have access to the survey questions and answers provided by the schools, as well as explanations about critical issues like activation and deployment policies, withdrawal policies, scholarship and financial aid information and important support information.