Strategic Plan Initiatives
Based on research we know that students who have a comprehensive introduction to Clark State and all that we have to offer will have better chances of completion. With that in mind, we have set out to create a comprehensive journey for our students. We continually review and improve our intake process, as well as our teaching and academic support in order to help our students reach their goals and succeed.
Goal 1: Develop and strengthen quality, innovative academic programs.
- Identify new certificate programs, associate degrees, bachelors degrees, and industry credentials.
- Expand integrated co-op programs to promote workforce development.
- Provide instructors with the technology, supplies, and equipment necessary to maintain and develop innovative academic programs.
- Create professional development for faculty to support innovative programs.
Goal 2: Increase enrollment, student success, retention, and completion.
- Identify special populations with low completion/retention rates and develop targeted retention initiatives.
- Develop and implement an electronic early alert system that includes the ability for faculty to report possible retention issues and for students to create an early alert for themselves.
- Increase awareness of student support services among all staff, faculty, and students.
- Implement an intrusive and mandatory advising model that increases student preparedness, retention, and completion.
Goal 3: Facilitate a culture that recognizes, embraces, and reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
- Explore diverse methods for advertising open positions to ensure employees represent the communities we serve.
- Promote a culture where differences are respected and appreciated.
- Provide education and training for faculty, staff, and students related to diversity and inclusion.
- Provide wrap around services and resources to underserved populations.
Goal 4: Cultivate effective communication strategies and collaboration within the college.
- Develop opportunities for collaboration and engagement among faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Leverage technology to increase internal communication and collaboration.
- Improve digital presence and communication.
- Establish official communication protocol across the college to define the flow of information.
Goal 5: Promote collaboration with our diverse communities, businesses and industries.
- Work with county agencies and family advocacy groups to make students aware of services available to them.
- Collaborate with K-12 schools to enhance program awareness of technical program options.
- Create, sustain, and engage the business, industry, and community stakeholders.
- Partner with industries to offer specific degrees online and onsite.