Associate of Science General Transfer - Economics Pathway
This program is available at the Beavercreek and Springfield - Leffel Lane locations.
The Economics Pathway of the Associate of Science degree emphasizes transfer preparation to pursue a bachelor's degree in economics. An Associate of Science degree provides the foundational knowledge and skills in general education that are often required within a Bachelor’s degree. Courses in this pathway focus on microeconomics, macroeconomics, accounting, marketing and management. The curriculum is designed to prepare students for seamless transfer into a Bachelor of Science program, particularly at state institutions in Ohio.
Outcomes and Curriculum
Upon completion of an associate degree in Economics a graduate will be able to meet the goals outlined for the general Associate of Sciences; additionally, the student will:
- Write clearly and accurately in a variety of contexts and formats.
- Speak clearly and accurately in a variety of contexts and formats.
- Use critical thinking and problem solving to draw logical conclusions.
- Use numerical data to solve problems, explain phenomena and make predictions.
- Successfully transfer to a baccalaureate degree program.
Students seeking a transfer degree should plan the details of their program of study at Clark State according to the requirements of the transfer institution. Transfer institutions make the determination in acceptance of credit. The student should consult his/her academic advisor and the intended transfer institution when planning a schedule of classes.
Pathway options for transferability to other state institutions is available at https://www.ohiohighered.org/OGTP.