WHAT IS A CHILD DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (CDA)?
The CDA is considered the most widely known and valued credential for early childhood development professionals. It provides a rigorous and proven framework for a child's personal, intellectual and social growth. CDA-certified professionals demonstrate abilities:
- To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment.
- To advance physical and intellectual competence.
- To support social and emotional development and to provide positive guidance.
- To establish positive and productive relationships with families.
- To ensure a well-run, purposeful program responsive to participant needs.
- To maintain a commitment to professionalism.
IS THE CDA CERTIFICATION IMPORTANT FOR A CHILD DEVELOPMENT PROFESSIONAL?
Education professionals are responsible to regulators, parents and the public for the quality and safety of the environments they create. The CDA signals to potential employers and the education community that you are a professional dedicated to the highest standards in child development.
WHERE DO CHILD DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATES WORK?
Providing a safe, healthy environment is among the highest priorities for excellent childcare. The CDA prepares you specifically to work within the structure of a childcare center. This course includes the procedures and materials required to prepare for a CDA-required site visit.