WHAT DO THE COMPTIA™ NETWORK+ AND SECURITY+ EXAMS INVOLVE?
The combination of Network+ and Security+ certifications prepares you to design, deploy and manage networks while ensuring their security against attack. The exams thoroughly cover these areas. Key topics include:
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain network devices
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards, and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Assess the security posture of a network environment
- Recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile, and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk, and compliance
- Identify, analyze, and respond to security events and incidents
IS COMPTIA™ CERTIFICATION VALUABLE?
Glassdoor.com lists CompTIA™ certifications among "The 8 Certifications That Actually Impress Recruiters." According to CompTIA™, 32% of its certified professionals receive pay increases, promotions or other rewards from their employers for completing their certification. High school graduates who earn CompTIA™ certification earn 22% more than their non-certified peers.