Air Force General Education Mobile (GEM)
Clark State Community College is proud to work with the Community College of the Air Force to offer online courses that meet the CCAF requirements for the Associate of Applied Science degree.
Apply online today. Select “Active Duty Military” on the application. You will be assigned an academic counselor who will personally assist you with the GEM enrollment process.
Clark State offers in state tuition rates to all active duty military members.
- View Clark State's Online Class Schedule
Clark State Courses
The Air Force General Education Requirement for Oral Communication is three (3) credits. Students may take the following course:
- COM 1120 Public Speaking
The Air Force General Education Requirement for Written Communication is three (3) credits. Students may take one of the following courses:
- ENG 1111 English I
- ENG 1112 English II
The Air Force General Education Requirement for Mathematics is three (3) credits. Students may take one of the following courses:
- MTH 1050 Mathematics and Today's World
- STT 2640 Elementary Statistics I
The Air Force General Education Requirement for Social Science is three (3) credits. Students may take one of the following courses:
- HST 1110 Western Civilization to 1600
- HST 1120 Western Civilization Since 1600
- HST 1210 American History to 1865
- HST 1220 American History Since 1865
- PLS 1100 Introduction to American Politics
- PLS 2300 Introduction to International Relations
- PSY 1111 Intro to Psychology
- RST 2800 Regional Studies of Latin America
- SOC 1110 Introduction to Sociology
The Air Force General Education Requirement for Humanities is three (3) credits. Students may take one of the following courses:
- ENG 2300 Great Books: World Literature
- ENG 2610 British Literature to 1800
- ENG 2620 British Literature from 1800 to the Present
- PHL 2100 Ethics
e-Tutoring Support Services
Online Writing Lab: Students can request help with a variety of writing assignments, including essays, research papers and lab reports by submitting their work online for an online tutor’s review.
Chat with a Tutor: Get help with your academic questions from one of our live eTutors. Work together in Adobe Connect, a dynamic web conferencing environment, which is integrated into the platform. Simply log into eTutoring.org.
Leave an eQuestion: You can post a question in any of our subject areas, including writing. eTutors will help you develop strategies to find answers or resolve problems on your own. Although tutors will not correct grammar or solve any math, statistics or other problems for you, they will provide you with the guidance necessary to solve the problem.
Khan academy offers free online tutoring lessons and exercises in math, statistics, economics, science, arts, and humanities. Students can visit www.khanacademy.org to create a free account and start learning.
GEM Program Contact