Are you ready for college now?
Many students are able to earn college credit while still in high school. Earn your first year of college free through the College Credit Plus Program. Did we mention free?
Credit Earned While in High School
If you attended a JVS or career center or earned high scores on an AP exam, you may already have college credit at Clark State. High school graduates from the following career technical schools may qualify for advanced standing at Clark State:
- Greene County Career Center
- Miami Valley Career Technical Center
- Ohio Hi-Point Career Center
- Springfield-Clark Career Technology Center
- Tolles Technical Center
- Upper Valley Career Center
Agreements with these career technical schools may allow for one or more credit hours to be granted toward an associate degree or certificate at Clark State. To apply for these credits, you must have graduated within the last two years.
The Tech Prep program connects high school and career center students with career-oriented pathways in college. Explore the benefits of enrolling in Tech Prep.
Although not required at Clark State, you are encouraged to take either the ACT or SAT while in high school, especially if you are thinking about transferring to a four-year college to complete a bachelor's degree. High scores on these tests will exempt you from having to take our initial placement tests.
- You will be excused from placement testing in writing if you received English scores in the last three years of 18 ACT or 430 SAT.
- You will be excused from placement testing in reading if you received reading scores in the last three years of 21 ACT or 450 SAT.
- You will be excused from mathematics/algebra placement testing if you received mathematics scores in the last three years of 22 ACT or 520 SAT.
Clark State degree and certificate programs that accept only a specific number of students each year are considered space-limited programs. High school applicants who intend to pursue space-limited programs after high school graduation are encouraged to apply for admission to the College in their junior or senior year and fulfill the required prerequisites.
Get started at Clark State now! Complete an online Admissions application.APPLICATION
Interested in Clark State? Sign up below to receive an admissions packetREQUEST INFORMATION
Paying for College
How much does it cost to go to Clark State? Less than you think. Our tuition is one of the lowest in OhioFINANCIAL AID