Great news for nonpublic school families! Ohio’s College Credit Plus gives students in grades 7-12 the chance to earn high school and college credit simultaneously by taking courses at participating Ohio colleges or universities. Funding applications are due by April 8 to the state which is a significant change to the CCP process for all nonpublic and homeschool students.
Follow the links below to get started:
Below is an overview of the information for homeschooled students. Complete information is available on the Ohio Department of Education website.
Important Dates from the Ohio Department of Education
Before March 31: Complete School Counseling Requirement – public and nonpublic students
Feb. 15 - April 1: Submit Letter of Intent – all students
Feb. 15 - April 13: Sign-up for a SAFE Account – nonpublic and homeschool parents
Feb. 15 - April 13: Apply for funding – nonpublic and homeschool parents
Before May 18: Funding award notifications sent – nonpublic and homeschool parents
Steps for Nonpublic School Students to Apply for College Credit Plus
The deadline is April 1 for nonpublic school students to let the Ohio Department of Education know they want to participate in College Credit Plus next school year, so time is critical.
STEP 1 - LEARN MORE ABOUT COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS AND COMPLETE YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELING REQUIREMENT
Review frequently asked questions about College Credit Plus here.
- If you still have questions, contact the Ohio Department of Education toll-free at (877) 644-6338 or via email at email@example.com.
Complete the School Counseling Requirement before March 31.
- Contact your student's school counselor for this information.
STEP 2 - SUBMIT YOUR LETTER OF INTENT
If your child wishes to participate, email a signed letter of intent anytime between Feb. 15 - April 1 to CCPIntentLetter@education.ohio.gov. You can download the letter of intent here. Note: Students must declare their intent to participate, even if they participated last year.
- Once you have emailed your intent letter, contact or check the websites of participating colleges in your area. All public and participating private colleges in the state are listed at www.ohiohighered.org/ccp.
- Apply to the college or colleges of your choice. Once admitted to a college under College Credit Plus, the college will send your student an admission letter. Upload a copy of the admission letter to your College Credit Plus Funding Application. If your student gets an admission letter from more than one college, you must upload each college's admission letter. (See Step 3.)
STEP 3 - SUBMIT YOUR COLLEGE CREDIT PLUS FUNDING APPLICATION
- All parents are required to establish a SAFE Account before they can apply for funding. You can create an account at anytime between Feb. 15 - April 13. Summer classes are also an option. These sessions can start as early as May, so don’t delay in establishing your SAFE account. Here are a few short videos explaining how to 1) create a SAFE Account, 2) verify user identity, and 3) set up access to the College Credit Plus system.
- Anytime between Feb. 15 - April 13, you can log in to your SAFE Account and apply for College Credit Plus Funding to cover your child’s tuition costs. Here is a short video on how to apply for funding. | College Credit Plus Funding Application Manual
STEP 4 - RECEIVE YOUR AWARD LETTER AND REGISTER FOR COLLEGE CLASSES
- You will receive your funding award notification within your College Credit Plus Funding Application located in your SAFE Account before May 18.
- Once you receive your award notification, you can have your child register for college courses.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact a College Credit Plus advisor below.