IS THE COMPTIA ITF+ CERTIFICATION IMPORTANT FOR ENTRY LEVEL JOBS?
Yes. According to the CompTIA, the ITF+ certification is one of the best ways to build a knowledge base in computer support concepts.
WHAT DOES ITF+ PREPARE FOR?
ITF+ is an ideal introduction to the IT concepts needed for early career success. A+ preparation courses can be expected to address:
- Hardware, including networking and troubleshooting
- Mobile devices
- Operating systems
- Software troubleshooting
- Networking, including virtualization, cloud computing and security
WHO TYPICALLY EARNS THE COMPTIA ITF+ CERTIFICATION?
Typically, IT professionals that earn the ITF+ certification go on to work in any of the following roles:
- Service and user help desk support
- Technical support specialist
- Associate network engineer
- Data support technician
- Desktop support administrator
- Help desk technician
- System support specialist
DOES ITF+ CERTIFICATION PREPARE A+ CERTIFICATION?
Although the ITF+ certification is not listed as a formal prerequisite for the A+ exam, CompTIA highly recommends ITF+ for those embarking on their first formal training for a career in IT. It is designed to provide a framework in IT skills that can lead to a wide variety of specialized areas or can lead a prospective employee to another area outside the formal IT domain.