Sanitization Efforts on Campus
As much as possible, disposable disinfecting wipes or suitable alternatives will be provided so that commonly touched surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails and doorknobs can be wiped down by employees. Each workspace, classroom, lab and common area will be sanitized at least once per day.
Faculty and staff should refrain from sharing phones, desks, offices or other work tools and equipment as much as feasible. If necessary, these tools should be cleaned and disinfected before and after use.
More thorough environmental cleaning and disinfection of workspaces will be performed by facilities personnel daily using EPA compliant disinfectants.
- Removal of trash and routine cleaning of high touch areas, surfaces and rooms.
- Removal of gloves and other PPE shall be carefully removed to prevent contamination of the wearer and of the surrounding area.
If someone presents symptoms after reporting to campus, cleaning and disinfecting of the work space will follow procedure:
- Close off areas used by the person who was sick.
- Contact facilities and request a deep cleaning and disinfection of the areas where that person might have been.
- Clean and disinfect all areas used by the person who was sick, such as offices, bathrooms, common areas, shared electronic equipment such as computers, touch screens, keyboards, remote controls and telephones.