Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Appoints Director of ARCTOS Project

Clark State Appoints Director of ARCTOS Project

May 5, 2022

Clark State College has appointed Stephen Williams as Project Director of the ARCTOS Project.

In this role, Williams is responsible for leading all efforts related to the ARCTOS “Regional Fabrication and Certification Training Labs-Laser Materials Processing” project.

In June of last year, Clark State received $3,195,374.00 as part of a $13 million initiative by ARCTOS Technology Solutions to implement Smart Manufacturing technologies and training for Ohio colleges and local businesses.

ARCTOS, a global aerospace and defense was awarded a $13 million Task Order by the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) to introduce Smart Manufacturing technologies to the curriculum at three Ohio Community Colleges, a congressional initiative to grow manufacturing innovation in the region.

“I am looking forward to meeting and working with other like-minded educators, administrators, to grow professionally and to increase my knowledge, skills, and abilities in serving students' educational and professional needs,” said Williams. “My overall goal and mission with my position is to build a state-of-the-art, fully accredited, functional, industry-focused, laser materials processing career pathway program.”

The objectives of this project are to develop new training models that will enable the U.S. aerospace supply chain to rapidly and successfully transition to a digital manufacturing environment in support of defense and dual-use manufacturing needs. Widespread adoption of Industry 4.0 technologies will enable the development of integrated manufacturing processes that combine the efficiency of mass production with the flexibility of custom manufacturing.

Williams holds a Bachelor of Science in Industrial & Manufacturing Systems Engineering from Ohio University, a Masters in Higher Education Administration from Wright State University and is pursuing a Doctor of Education degree at Northern Kentucky University.

While employed by Central State University and Kentucky State University, Williams was involved in numerous campus leadership roles including serving as Bureau of Ohio Workforce STEM recruitment scholarship-Co Chair, Transfer Articulation Development Enrollment Partnership-Chair, Faculty Advisor for Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., and Student Leadership Coordinator Graduate Internship-Office of the Dean of Students.

“It is my hope that through my efforts, I continue building Clark State’s legacy of providing cutting edge, career/industry relevant training, certifications, and degrees for the community and beyond,” said Williams.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu