Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Board Appoints Ball, Evans as Chair and Vice Chair

Clark State Board Appoints Ball, Evans as Chair and Vice Chair

January 23, 2023

The Clark State College Board of Trustees has appointed David Ball as chairman of the Board, and longstanding Board member and former Board Chair Sharon Evans, as vice chairman of the Board. Their terms began on January 17 and are a one-year tenure.

Ball has served on the Clark State Board of Trustees since 2015.

“I am humbled by the appointment and deeply appreciate the opportunity and the trust of my fellow Board members,” said Ball. “It is my goal that Clark State remains committed to our student success and maintains its strong faculty, staff and financial position.”

Ball has served on the Clark State Foundation Board of Directors. Ball became a certified public accountant and then earned his Juris Doctor from The Ohio State University. He also served in the United States Air Force and was the assistant general counsel at the Reynolds and Reynolds Company.

“David Ball brings a great deal of leadership, financial, and legal expertise to the Board, and he has served on both the Foundation Board and Board of Trustees,” said Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State. “He is a champion of excellence in student services and student learning, and understands the alignment needed between our personnel, facilities, and programs that provide for workforce or transfer. I look forward to working with him over the next two years to meet our mission and the goals of the new strategic plan.”

Evans has served on the Board for more than 17 years. She has served as vice chairperson and chairperson during her tenure. She was reappointed to the Clark State Board of Trustees by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine in November of 2022.

Evans said she was thrilled to be reappointed to the Clark State Board last fall and looks forward to continuing to serve the students, staff and faculty.

“Clark State continues to be just a shining spot in our community,” she said.

“Sharon Evans is a strong voice for students, and always wants to ensure that Clark State attracts students who then feel a strong sense of belonging and success,” said Blondin. “She has served Clark State with distinction, and I look forward to her leadership as well.”

The Clark State Board of Trustees oversees the operations of the College. Trustees are appointed by the Governor of Ohio for six-year terms.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu