Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Grant’s Manager Named to Class of 2023 Forty Under 40

Clark State Grant’s Manager Named to Class of 2023 Forty Under 40

April 17, 2023

Taylor Bugglin, grants development manager at Clark State College, has been named to the Dayton Business Journal’s 2023 Class of the Forty Under 40. The Award recognizes the most extraordinary business and community leaders under the age of 40.

In her six and a half years at Clark State, Bugglin has been promoted twice, starting as the grants writer, being promoted to grants development coordinator, and now being grants development manager. In this role, she is the primary person in charge of grant submissions and award nominations.

Since starting at Clark State in 2016, the College has received more than $18 million in grant funding with Bugglin’s guidance. These grants have had an extraordinary economic impact on the region.

“I am honored to be nominated for, and to receive, this recognition,” said Bugglin. “Working as Clark State’s Grants Development Manager has given me an amazing opportunity to impact our community through Clark State’s students and beyond, and I am grateful to contribute to the College’s incredible work.”

Bugglin has had a significant impact on Clark State and the region it serves through her strong job performance and dedication to student success. She is also dedicated to her own self-improvement and is not afraid to take on new or unfamiliar tasks.

She serves on Board of Directors for the Clark County Literacy Coalition/Warder Literacy Center since 2017, a nonprofit she connected with while in Leadership Clark County. She currently serves as the President of the Board, and she briefly served as Vice President prior to her current role. She serves on the Income Development and Executive Committees and Chairs the Building and Grounds Committee. She also volunteers with the Clark State Scholars program as a mentor for high school students and is in her fourth year of mentoring. She also volunteers annually to interview prospective participants in the Clark State Scholars program.

“Taylor is a dynamic leader who works to support others and remove barriers for people in our community. I’m excited to see her efforts recognized in this special way,” said Toni Overholser, vice president of advancement at Clark State.

This marks the 26th anniversary of Dayton Business Journal honoring the region’s brightest young professionals in an annual class of 40. Nearly 200 nominations were received from all corners of our community. The independent judging has been completed, and you are one of the 40 most exceptional members of the group. With this being a highly competitive year, your honor is that much more special. 

The Forty Under 40 awards banquet will be held May 18 at the Wright State University Library from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu