Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Partners with Braxton Miller Foundation to Offer Scholarships for College for Kids & Teens Summer Program

Clark State Partners with Braxton Miller Foundation to Offer Scholarships for College for Kids & Teens Summer Program

April 24, 2023

Registration is now open for Clark State’s 2023 College for Kids & Teens (CKT) Summer Program. CKT offers pre-college camps to grades K-12.  Clark State has expanded the schedule, doubling the number of camps to increase the opportunity for participation.

This year, Clark State is partnering with The Braxton Miller Foundation to support scholarships and provide new STEM experiences for students.

Mr. Braxton Miller made headlines as a quarterback for The Ohio State University football team from 2011 to 2013. Following college, Miller was drafted by the Houston Texans professional football team. As a Springfield, Ohio native, Miller established his foundation in 2021 to bring athletic and STEM opportunities to young people, using those opportunities to improve their lives through education, sports, and mentoring.

“One of my greatest passions is being involved in my community and teaching kids how to become the best version of themselves,” said Miller, founder of The Braxton Miller Foundation. “Springfield is my hometown. I am excited to provide kids in this community an opportunity to learn about and get involved with STEM and the technology that will change their world for the better.”

All CKT courses and activities are conducted in a non-graded environment encouraging the student's personal growth and development.  The activities provide opportunities for students to explore new areas of interest, stretch their imagination or cultivate a skill. 

"I'm so excited about this year's class schedule! Drones, Crime Scenes, Aerospace Science, Survival Techniques, Pre-Nursing, Improv Theatre, Advance Manufacturing, Athletic Science, Historical Walking Tours, and Medical Mysteries are just a few of the experiences students entering grades K-12 could have this summer at Clark State," said Megan Cummins, Youth Program Coordinator for Clark State.

Classes are offered in week-long, age-appropriate sessions June through July. Clark State will award full scholarships to support low-income students and Clark State Scholars recipients to defray the cost of camp tuition. Scholarships are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and recipients will be notified within a week of their application submission. 

A complete list of CKT courses, registration and the scholarship application are available online at: https://www.clarkstate.edu/academics/youth-outreach-programs/college-for-kids-and-teens

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu