Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Welcomes Breion Hawkins as Diversity Coordinator

Clark State Welcomes Breion Hawkins as Diversity Coordinator

April 27, 2022

The Clark State College department of Marketing, Diversity and Community Impact (MDCI) recently welcomed Dayton native, Breion Hawkins, to serve as Diversity Coordinator.

In her role as diversity coordinator, Hawkins is responsible for coordinating and monitoring the progress of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives across Clark State campuses. The position engages with faculty, staff, students, other institutions, and the community. Hawkins will assist in reporting diversity, equity and inclusion metrics and build relationships with constituent groups to ensure openness between the MDCI office and the college.

“In this role as Diversity Coordinator at Clark State College, I hope to continue my learning and growth in diversity, as well as build connections to best serve the needs of the college — continuing my work of increasing belonging amongst the various communities that make Clark State,” said Hawkins.

Hawkins earned her Bachelor of Science in Apparel Merchandising & Product Development with marketing minor (2017) Master of Arts in College Student Personnel (2021) from Bowling Green State University.

Hawkins said upon deciding to earn her masters in College Student Personnel, she entered with the intent to work and gain experience in student support services programs like TRIO, as such programs helped her and other underrepresented and underserved students.

“I ended up working in my school’s Division of Diversity & Belonging, where I focused on education and programming for the division’s Diversity and Title IX areas — assisting with hosting workshops, events, and community conversations to help build a sense of belonging on campus and in the community,” she said. “From this experience, I was able to fulfill my desire of impacting the experience of underrepresented and underserved communities, while working towards changing and improving campus culture.”

Crystal Jones, vice president of marketing, diversity and community impact at Clark State said the diversity coordinator position is yet another example of the college’s commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.

“We are grateful to add Breion to the team,” said Jones. “She brings knowledge and experience to the college related to diversity initiatives and success. Her experience in higher education allows her to connect with other professionals throughout the college. Breion is the right professional in the right position to assist the college in our future goals related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu