Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Welcomes New Vice President of Academic Affairs (1)

Clark State Welcomes New Vice President of Academic Affairs (1)

December 2, 2022

Clark State College has named Dr. Adrienne Forgette as the new vice president of academic affairs.

Forgette served as Vice President for Learning at San Juan College (SJC) in Farmington, New Mexico since 2017. The college serves the city of Farmington, several smaller cities nearby, and a large rural community. As the chief academic officer, she oversaw two Associate Vice Presidents, five deans, academic support services, workforce development, and grant writing. Forgette has experience in new program development, accreditation, oversight of satellite campuses, planning, policy-making, communication, team building, and community partnerships.

“Dr. Forgette has the extensive academic experience, commitment to student success and collaborative approach to working with faculty that we need at Clark State,” said Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State. “As Vice President of Academic Affairs, Dr. Forgette will work closely with the faculty to ensure that we meet student needs and provide transfer and workforce programs that are responsive to student and employer needs. I look forward to working with Dr. Forgette to increase student success at Clark State.”

Blondin also said Forgette has broad national experience and leadership in the Guided Pathways movement, which helps students complete their programs in a timely fashion and promotes stronger transfer and workforce partnerships.

Forgette also served as associate vice president for learning at SJC from 2016 to 2017. Prior to her tenure at SJC, Forgette served as Dean of the Faculty, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, and Interim Dean for Assessment and Accreditation at Northwestern College in Orange City, Iowa from 1995 to 2016.

“I am looking forward to working with President Blondin, the leadership team, and Clark State faculty and staff to remove barriers to student success,” said Forgette. “Clark State is having major impacts in the Springfield community. It’s an honor to bring my experience as an academic leader to this work.”

Forgette holds a Ph.D. in clinical psychology from the Graduate School of Psychology at Fuller Theological Seminary as well as an M.A. in theology from the Fuller Theological Seminary. She earned a B.A in psychology at California State University and an A.A. from Mt. San Antonio College in California.

Forgette will begin her tenure with Clark State in early January of 2023.

“I am excited to join the Clark State team. Clark State is doing good work in helping students succeed and achieve their goals,” she said. “My experience at San Juan College is a good match for this work. I look forward to working with the faculty and the Clark State leadership team to further this work.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu