Skip to Content
Community
Gerritt Smith Named Director of Workforce and Business Solutions for Clark State

Gerritt Smith Named Director of Workforce and Business Solutions for Clark State

October 4, 2021

Former Clark State College business development manager – Gerritt Smith – has accepted the role of director of Workforce and Business Solutions.

“Gerritt has been an associate of Clark State since March 2020 and was initially our Business Development Manager before transitioning to Director,” said Crystal Jones, vice president of marketing, diversity and community impact at Clark State. “He is professional with strong communication skills and is passionate about building relationships. Gerritt is a true asset to the Clark State team.”

The director of Workforce and Business Solutions position is responsible for creating partnerships with employers and community organizations with priority on workforce development and specialized contract training. Smith is responsible for developing and delivering training programs jointly between the College and the customer, primarily the business or agency that is contracting the training, assuring that the program will match the employment needs of the client.

Smith said he looks forward to continuing to work with business and community leaders to offer development and training solutions.

“I want to strengthen our partnerships in the area through quality workforce opportunities and continue communication how effective our programs can be,” he said. “I want to share our success stories internally and bridge the gap with the credit side of the college and assist in any way that I can to benefit Clark State. I am excited and grateful to be in this role and am ready to serve.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu