Clark State Community College’s Honors Program provides an academically challenging curriculum to high-achieving students. The Honors Program encourages lifelong learning through enhanced personal engagement, civic responsibility and community leadership.
The deadline to apply for the Honors Program starting this Fall Semester is December 9, 2016.
Students accepted into the Honors Program will be expected to participate in college and community activities.
Students selected for the Honors Scholarship must successfully complete one Honors course (with a grade of at least a B) and complete a minimum of six credit hours total for that semester. A limited number of scholarships are available and will be awarded at the end of the semester.
- High school students or students new to Clark State must have a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Currently enrolled Clark State students must have 3.3 cumulative GPA.
- Must be enrolled for at least six (6) college credits each semester while in the Honors Program
- College Credit Plus students taking six (6) credits or more on the Clark State campus or online may also apply if they meet the above criteria
- High school students and new students to Clark State must request that their official transcript be sent to Clark State.
Note: All Honors courses, including contract courses, require excellence in writing. Therefore, current Clark State students may apply to the Honors Program only if they have completed or tested out of all CPE/remedial English courses.
Honors courses will be strategically scheduled to allow students no less than two (2) honors course options per semester.
|Projected Course Offerings|
|ENG 2300||Great Books, World Literature|
|PSY 1111||Introduction to Psychology|
|HST 1110||Western Civilization to 1600|
|SOC 1110||Introduction to Sociology|
|ECON 2210||Principles of Macroeconomics|
|BIO 1410||Fundamentals of Biology|
|STT 2640||Elementary Statistics|
Honors Contract Courses
A student whose course of study does not require certain core Honors courses may choose to take an Honors Contract Course.
Honors Program Levels
Students who complete three (3) Honors courses with a grade of B or higher will receive the Eagle Award. Students who complete of six (6) honors courses with a grade of B or higher will be designated an Honors Scholar.
Honors Program Probation
Students who do not maintain a 3.3 GPA during any semester in the Honors Program will be placed on probation for the next semester.