Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Grad Designs Her Own Success

Clark State Grad Designs Her Own Success

March 2, 2015

Clark State Community College alumna Tori Lane has made quite a name for herself, literally. Lane, a 2013 graduate, is the proud owner of T. Lane Designs, Limited and T. Lane Photography in Xenia, Ohio. “In some way, shape or form, becoming a business owner became a dream of mine shortly after my high school graduation,” said Lane. “I never thought I would be filing my LLC just 20-ish days after my college graduation, let alone opening a storefront not even six months later!”

Her business, T. Lane Designs, Limited, 75 West Main Street in Xenia, features unique home decor and gifts with southern and rustic inspiration. “I reclaim several of the items in the storefront including furniture and decor pieces and give them a new look through paint and additional processes,” she said.

Lane was born and raised in Xenia and graduated from Xenia High School in 2010. She said Clark State was the best educational decision for her, having first experienced the College as a high school senior. “At first I was nervous about attending college while still being in high school, but the staff at Clark State made me feel so welcome and at ease.”

Lane majored in Business Management with the Marketing option. “I was taught by several instructors who were working in the industry in conjunction with teaching. They were able to come to class and share real day-to-day experiences in addition to our class material,” Lane said. “I found this really helpful because it brought our lessons into a relatable situation. My accounting classes helped me manage budgets for my business, balance bank accounts, control inventory management and track expenses. The marketing portion has helped me understand my customer thought processes, how to appeal to their senses and ultimately attract them to my storefront.”

Lane personally manages all aspects of her business and said she opened T. Lane Designs in Xenia because she is a “local girl at heart.” “I've spent my whole life here and made so many friendships. I knew that I would need the support of the community to make my business a success, and I couldn't imagine receiving that immense encouragement anywhere else other than right here in Xenia.” T. Lane Designs, Limited opened in September of 2013. Making the grand opening even more memorable, Lane’s high school sweetheart proposed to her at the event.

“Last April I added a new addition to the store—an American bulldog named Tank,” said Lane. “He has won the hearts of my customers by becoming the TLD ‘shop dog.’ He's always happy to greet customers.”

Lane remains a member of Clark State’s Epsilon Pi Tau and credits her success to what she learned at Clark State. “I highly recommend Clark State to anyone,” she said. “The class sizes and scheduling are great. The instructors are top notch and the experience is priceless!”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu