Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Names Erin Willoughby as Director of Admissions and Career Services

Clark State Names Erin Willoughby as Director of Admissions and Career Services

February 23, 2024
Erin Willoughby in purple long sleeve top with gold necklace smiling. Erin Willoughby as director of admissions and career services at Clark State College

Clark State College has named Erin Willoughby as director of admissions and career services. In this role, she will provide leadership, assist with strategic enrollment planning, and oversee student recruitment strategies, while establishing Career Services as an essential part of recruitment.

“In my new role as the director of admissions and career services, I hope to enhance Clark State's admissions processes and career services in the communities we serve,” said Willoughby. “I hope to expand our relationships within the communities, employers, schools, partners, anyone we can touch to increase our admission rates as well as help with retention efforts here at Clark State.  We have so much to offer, and I am pleased to be a part of this great institution of higher learning.”

Willoughby has worked in the Human Services field for more than 15 years, beginning as a case manager for those with mental health concerns, a history of substance abuse and traumatic brain injuries. 

She later obtained a master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling: Chemical Dependency Focus and moved quickly into the role of director for a residential therapeutic community. Willoughby then began working as a vocational rehabilitation counselor for Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities for the transitional youth program. 

“I found out how much I love working with people looking for their future employment, career, educational pathways.  I knew this where I was meant to be,” said Willoughby. “I moved to Clark County Department of Job and Family Services as the Deputy Director of OhioMeansJobs, where I could help reach even more people needing career guidance and have real effective change for Workforce Development in Clark County. 

Dr. Travis Binkley, dean of enrollment services at Clark State, said the college is excited to welcome Willoughby as the Director of Admissions and Career Services.

“Her experience at OhioMeansJobs, counseling, and in our community serves as a natural fit for the position,” he said “She will be able to continue with many of her community and business networks, while developing many more in this capacity. Erin has the knowledge of our service area and resources available for students that will help us create new opportunities.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu