Skip to Content
Community
Clark State President Blondin a Finalist for AACC Leadership Award

Clark State President Blondin a Finalist for AACC Leadership Award

February 13, 2015

Clark State Community College President Dr. Jo Alice Blondin has been named as one of four finalists for the American Association of Community Colleges Emerging Leadership Award.

“Eighteen people representing the College, business, education and non-profits submitted letters to support her nomination,” said Kristin Culp, vice president of advancement at Clark State. “That demonstrates the enormous respect she has earned across our community.”

Blondin became the fifth president of Clark State Community College on July 1, 2013. Since then, she has led the development of a new strategic plan, the creation of a new marketing and branding campaign, the establishment of a Precision Agriculture degree, the reorganization of Student Affairs to increase student success and completion, secured funds for capital improvements and received a Department of Labor Workforce grant totaling $2.5 million.

“In her first 18 months as president, she has accomplished so much at Clark State through not only her own leadership, but by also developing leaders across the College,” said Culp.“President Blondin leads by example, and there is no more exemplary leadership model.”

Since 1982, the AACC Emerging Leadership Award has been presented to individuals with outstanding accomplishments and professional contributions to the community college field. The award recognizes those who have developed highly commendable systems of leadership and professional development and created a campus culture that supports career and leadership advancement.

Blondin will travel to the AACC annual convention in San Antonio, Texas, this April for the awards presentation. “I’m just so honored to be nominated, particularly so early in my tenure at Clark State,” she said. “I hope I can continue to do the good work that we’ve started here.”

Prior to Clark State, Dr. Blondin served as chancellor of Arkansas Tech University – Ozark campus and professor of English for seven years, as well as chief academic officer; chief student officer; department chair of English, communication and social sciences; and instructor of English.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu