Skip to Content
Community
Clark State President Blondin Elected to Serve on Two National Boards

Clark State President Blondin Elected to Serve on Two National Boards

May 2, 2018

Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State Community College, has been elected to the American Association of Community College (AACC) Board of Directors and the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Board of Trustees. 

Blondin’s term with the AACC Board will begin on July 1 and continue through June 30, 2021.

“It is my distinct privilege and honor to be elected to both of these national boards. It is a testament to the student-focused work that we are doing at Clark State every day,” said Blondin. “I have been a passionate advocate for underserved students since I began my career as an English teacher in 1994. The election to the AACC Board is an incredible opportunity to advocate for students on a national level.”

The AACC is the primary advocacy organization for the nation’s community colleges. The association represents nearly 1,200 two-year, associate degree–granting institutions and more than 12 million students. AACC promotes community colleges through five strategic action areas: recognition and advocacy for community colleges; student access, learning and success; community college leadership development; economic and workforce development; and global and intercultural education.

Blondin’s involvement with HLC goes back to 1999 when she was deeply involved in accreditation and assessment of student learning with her first faculty job in Arkansas. Her four-year HLC Board term will begin September 1 of this year.

“I have always viewed accreditation as an ongoing opportunity to improve the institution that I serve,” she said. “I am humbled by my selection as a member of the Board of Trustees.”

The HLC accredits colleges and universities in a 19-state region of the United States. The Board has primary responsibility in three areas: HLC policy; finances and planning; and institutional actions: direct decision-making regarding initial status, sanction, withdrawal of accreditation and change of ownership.

“Dr. Blondin is known for her dedication to student success, which makes her an ideal choice for both the AACC and HLC boards,” said Dr. Theresa Felder, vice president of student affairs and Greene Center operations for Clark State. “Dr. Blondin makes an effort to support the mission and further the vision for every institution she serves.  She will undoubtedly make a significant contribution to both organizations.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu