Skip to Content
Community
Clark State President Blondin Honored by Girl Scouts as Woman of Distinction

Clark State President Blondin Honored by Girl Scouts as Woman of Distinction

September 20, 2016

Clark State Community College President Dr. Jo Alice Blondin has been selected to receive the Woman of Distinction Award from the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio. This esteemed award is given annually to five women who exemplify the Girl Scout mission of living with courage, confidence and character; and making the world a better place.

“Each year, we ask the community to nominate women they believe best represent the characteristics outlined in the nomination application,” said Marcia Dowds, chief development officer for the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio. “The honorees are selected by an independent volunteer committee based on the contributions they are making to the community.”

Blondin was nominated for the Woman of Distinction Award by past Clark State Board of Trustees member Pamela Strickler and former Clark State Vice President of External Affairs Kristen Culp.

“This award represents teamwork—my collaborations with faculty, staff, students, family and mentors—all who are responsible for any successes I have,” said Blondin. “This award, though, is also significant to me because I believe so strongly in ‘building girls of courage, confidence and character’ as a leader and a past Girl Scout and Brownie myself!”

Dowds said nominees have achieved outstanding success and made significant contributions in an impressive array of fields. “They serve as inspirational and passionate role models for girls by opening doors, creating opportunities and cheering them on,” she said. “It was obvious from Dr. Blondin’s nominations that she is fully committed to mentoring and empowering women to achieve their full potential.”

The Woman of Distinction Award was established to honor exceptional women in the community who pave the way for future girl leaders. Recent findings by The Girl Scouts Research Institute indicates that girls who have positive influences within key focus areas are more likely to succeed in leadership roles. For this reason, Woman of Distinction honorees are nominated in the following key focus areas including: healthy living, financial empowerment; science, technology, engineering, art and math; leadership; and community responsibility.

Blondin will be honored with the Girl Scouts Woman of Distinction Award at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, September 29 at the Schuster Center in Dayton, Ohio. Blondin was also recently named by the Dayton Business Journal as a 2016 BizWomen Power 50 honoree, recognizing the most influential women in the Dayton region. 

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu