Skip to Content
Community
Clark State’s Crystal Jones Named to AAWCC Women Under 40 Class of 2019

Clark State’s Crystal Jones Named to AAWCC Women Under 40 Class of 2019

March 28, 2019

The Board of Directors of the American Association for Women in Community Colleges (AAWCC) has selected Clark State Community College’s Crystal Jones as a member of the Women Under 40, class of 2019. Each year the AAWCC recognizes women who are making a difference for their college and community.

Jones, assistant dean of business and applied technologies for Clark State, has been with the College since 2007 when she began working as an adjunct instructor of Medical Office Administration. She then became an instructor of Management and Medical Office Administration, followed by assistant professor, associate professor, and then program coordinator of the Management program at Clark State. In June 2018, Jones became the assistant dean of the Business and Applied Technologies Division.

“Crystal’s impact on the College reaches far beyond her titles,” said Dr. Alice Blondin, president of Clark State. “I am so proud of her for this outstanding accomplishment. She has been an integral part of Clark State for many years and has a passion for student success. Her knowledge and experience is highly valued, and I look forward to our continued work together.”

Jones also served as the faculty co-chair of Clark State’s Diversity committee from 2016 – 2018 where she was largely responsible for coordination of impactful diversity initiatives and events, including an annual diversity conference. In 2016, she received the Faculty Excellence Award from the Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education (SOCHE). In 2012, she served as the chair of Clark State’s Faculty Development committee. She has served on numerous other committees and panels, including the Health Information Management Panel for the Ohio Department of Higher Education, the Reproductive Health Education Advisory committee and the Planning and Programming committee for the Community Hospital Health Services Foundation, Clark State’s Competency-Based Education committee and others.

“My goals after 40 are to earn a doctorate degree, continue to build my professional network and to add value to the field of higher education,” said Jones. “I am honored to be selected! It demonstrates not only my passion for higher education, but the accomplishments of Clark State as an institution.”

Jones has also been part of numerous search committees, including searches for Physical Therapist Assistant faculty, vice president of Academic Affairs and the previous assistant dean of the Business and Applied Technologies Division. Jones is a participant in the Serving Our Own through Advancement and Retention (SOAR) program at Clark State. This career development and mentoring program is led by Clark State President Dr. Jo Alice Blondin and welcomes six participants each year who are then empowered to be stronger, more prepared leaders who will enhance Clark State’s focus on student success.

Jones will be honored at an awards breakfast on Sunday, April 14 at the Orlando World Center Marriott.

The American Association for Women in Community Colleges is the leading national organization that champions women and maximizes their potential at community colleges. Founded in 1973, AAWCC provides education, career development and advancement to women educators and students at community colleges. As a council of the American Association of Community Colleges, AAWCC and its members are committed to equity and education of all women students at community colleges across the nation.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu