Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Student-Athlete Anarra Williams Honored for Sportsmanship of the Year by OCCAC

Clark State Student-Athlete Anarra Williams Honored for Sportsmanship of the Year by OCCAC

June 17, 2019

Clark State Community College student-athlete Anarra Williams was honored by the Ohio Community College Athletic Conference (OCCAC) with Sportsmanship of the Year Award accolades. She in one of only five student-athletes to receive this recognition. Williams plays center for the Clark State Eagles women’s basketball team.

“Anarra’s dedication of leading by example for all students is an attribute that she displays daily. Anarra is a Student Ambassador and vice president of Student Senate,” said Justin McCulla, director of athletics and student life for Clark State. “She continues to advocate for an enriched student life experience, engagement of all students with campus activities and promotion for diverse events at Clark State.”

Williams, from Dayton, Ohio, played basketball for Dunbar High School and Ponitz Career Technology Center. She was offered a scholarship to be a part of the team.

“I truly believe in certain things being put into action for a reason,” said Williams. “My purpose in life is to continue my education and athletic career at a four-year university and being a student-athlete at Clark State will make that happen.”

McCulla said Williams is a true student-athlete and one of her guiding principles is to be outstanding inside and outside of the classroom. She is determined to be successful.

Williams said she has learned to manage her time and learn new things every day on and off the court. “Additionally, I have created many relationships in which I will take with me the rest of my life,” she said.

Williams is pursuing an Associate of Science degree in addition to Medical Assisting at Clark State. Following her time at Clark State she plans to work in the field of physical therapy. 

Williams will speak at the Clark State Board of Trustees meeting on Thursday, June 20 about her experience at Clark State as a student-athlete.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu