Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Theatre Arts Sets Audition Dates, Will Offer Free Student Tickets

Clark State Theatre Arts Sets Audition Dates, Will Offer Free Student Tickets

August 21, 2015

The Clark State Theatre Arts Program will present two theatre productions during the 2015-16 academic year. Theresa Lauricella, associate professor and theatre arts program coordinator at Clark State, said this season’s performances are centered on American theatre. “I'm very excited about the two productions this season: Laughter on the 23rd Floor and Angels in America Part I,” she said.

Laughter on the 23rd Floor by Neil Simon will be presented in the Turner Studio Theatre of the Clark State Performing Arts Center on November 19, 20 and 21 at 8 p.m. and November 21 and 22 at 2 p.m. The production is a comedy set in the 1950s. “The play is brilliantly witty, yet it shows a part of American entertainment history as TVs became commonplace in households across the country,” said Lauricella. Auditions for Laughter on the 23rdFloor will be held at 7 p.m., September 8 and 9 in the Clark State Performing Arts Center, Turner Studio Theatre.

In April of 2016, the Theatre Arts Program will present Angels in America Part I by Tony Kushner in the Kuss Auditorium of the Clark State Performing Arts Center. Angels in America is an honored American play and has been performed worldwide in more than 26 languages. Auditions for Angels in America Part I will be held at 7 p.m., January 26 and 27 in the Clark State Performing Arts Center, Kuss Auditorium.

Students auditioning will perform a one-minute monologue in the style of the show they are auditioning. If no monologue is prepared, a selection will be available. Headshots and resume are also recommended.

The College will now offer free tickets to Clark State students to all Theatre Arts Program performances. “I’m excited to see more Clark State students entertained through live art at the Performing Arts Center.” said Lauricella. “A free ticket is our small way of inviting students to enjoy a live show. I hope it encourages more students to attend our productions,” she said.

Students will be able to obtain a ticket in person by showing a Clark State ID at the Performing Arts Center Ticket Office located in the lobby of the Kuss Auditorium or in the Turner Studio Lobby one hour before show time.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu