Skip to Content
Community
Governor Kasich Reappoints Three Members of Clark State Board of Trustees

Governor Kasich Reappoints Three Members of Clark State Board of Trustees

December 7, 2016

Ohio Governor John R. Kasich reappointed three members of the Clark State Community College Board of Trustees on December 5 and 6. James Doyle and Sharon Evans of Springfield, and Bradley Phillips of Beavercreek, will continue their dedicated service to Clark State through November 30, 2022.

Doyle has served on the Clark State Board of Trustees since 1998, and as Board chairperson in 2008, 2009, 2013 and 2014. “Clark State is important to me because it is vital to the communities we serve and is the gateway to higher education for so many,” he said. “Personally experiencing how Clark State has positively impacted the lives of so many continues to be a tremendously rewarding experience for me.”

Doyle recently retired from the Springfield Regional Medical Center Board after 37 years of service and was Board chairperson of the former Community Hospital at the time of the merger with Mercy. He also currently serves on the Board of the Rocking Horse Community Health Center.

Doyle said it is an honor and privilege to serve on the Clark State Board of Trustees. “I have a strong desire to maintain open access to all students and also see them be successful,” said Doyle. “Likewise, I want to ensure that Clark State meets the educational needs of the communities we serve.”

“I have been thoroughly impressed with the staff and students that I have dealt with while on the Board,” he said. “I am excited about the future of Clark State because I believe that we are in the right place and time to impact people in our communities with the programs we currently offer or will offer.” 

Sharon Evans has served on the Clark State Board of Trustees for 12 years and is currently serving as vice chairperson. “Clark State is one of the crown jewels in our area,” she said. “I am honored to serve on a board of community minded professionals committed to supporting and furthering the goals of the College in providing quality education at an affordable price.”

Evans is a past president and member of the Springfield Chapter of Links Inc., servant leader and vice chair of the Greater Grace Temple Board of Trustees and secretary of Bass Smith Connection which provides scholarships for students pursuing higher educational opportunities.

Evans said she strives to work with College leadership in making Clark State the premier higher education opportunity in the area. “We want our students to obtain a quality education in preparation to meet their individual needs as well as the needs of area employers.”

Bradley Phillips has served on the Clark State Board for six years and is a member of the Finance Committee. As a reappointed Clark State Board member, he hopes to continue to improve student access and success. “Serving as a trustee for Clark State has been an eye opening experience for me,” he said. “Before becoming a trustee, I was not aware of the good work that Clark State does in workforce development and providing individuals in our community with the tools to obtain an education and develop skills that can change their lives.”

Phillips is vice president and an owner of Phillips Companies in Beavercreek, a 75-year-old fourth generation family business that supplies aggregate and ready mix concrete materials, along with civil construction services, to construction projects in the greater Dayton area.   

“Each of these trustees has given a great deal of time, energy and talent to ensure that Clark State offers an affordable, high-quality education to its students,” said Dr. Jo Alice Blondin, president of Clark State. “Their commitment to our students is unparalleled.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu