Skip to Content
Community
State Representative Tim Derickson Visits Clark State, Talks Workforce Development

State Representative Tim Derickson Visits Clark State, Talks Workforce Development

November 17, 2015

Last Thursday, State Representative and 8th District Congressional Candidate toured Clark State Community College during an all day tour of Clark County. Rep. Derickson is a graduate of Clark State with a degree in Agricultural Business. 

Rep. Derickson joined President Dr. Jo Alice Blondin and other members of the staff at Clark State to talk about workforce development and federal education policy. Representative Derickson has been an outspoken leader in the area of workforce development and the need to train workers for the jobs that exist.

“As I travel the 8th District, I see companies using innovative technology to deliver the best manufactured products in the world. It is great to see places like Clark State leading the way in training workers for these jobs,” said Derickson. “As a graduate of Clark State, I am proud to see just how far it has come in innovating itself for the jobs of the 21st Century.”

“As an alumnus, Representative Derickson has long been a friend to Clark State and community colleges as a whole, and I was glad he got the opportunity to tour our updated and advanced facilities,” said President Blondin.

Representative Derickson has crisscrossed the 8th District in an effort to introduce himself to voters, stake holders and community leaders. He has plans to return to Clark County very soon.

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu