Skills Needed to Take Online Courses
Online learning requires a unique set of skills, Review the skills required for our online classes below. We offer computer basic workshops at both our Springfield and Beavercreek locations.
- Good time management skills; ability to schedule your time effectively and complete assignments on time.
- Be self-motivated and self-disciplined; you don’t need to be reminded of deadlines.
- Good reading and comprehension skills: ability to follow written instructions.
- Locate a file on a hard drive, flash drive and/or server
- Create and manage files and folders including saving, organizing and deleting files and/or folders
- Navigate between applications
- Upload and download files
- Download and install software programs from the web
- Open and listen/view audio and/or video files
- Safely create and remember logins and passwords
- Send and open an e-mail message
- Forward and/or reply to an e-mail message
- Open and save an attachment
- Attach and send an attachment
- Create e-mail folders and save messages to a specific folder
- Create and/or add a name to an address book
- Cut and paste from a word processing program into an e-mail
- Use appropriate “netiquette” (language and spelling) in discussions, postings, chats and assignments
- Identify the browser you are using
- Go to a specific URL or web page
- Print or save a web page
- Follow a hypertext link
- Search using a basic search engine
- Return to a previous page visited
Word Processing Skills
- Open a new or existing document
- Save a document
- Cut, paste and/or format text
- Print a document