Scholarships are awarded for financial need, academic performance or a specific program of study to both full-time and part-time students. Scholarships do not have to be repaid. Clark State College offers a variety of scholarship opportunities for students.
Foundation Scholarship Application Deadlines
Summer Semester available: April 1 - April 30
Fall/Spring Semester available: May 1 – June 15
Spring Semester available: October 1 - October 30
Clark State Foundation Scholarships
The Clark State Foundation works closely with local businesses and generous donors that provide more than $300,000 in scholarships to new and returning Clark State students annually. There are more than 50 scholarships offered through the Clark State Foundation. Scholarships may be awarded for Summer, Fall and/or Spring semesters. Students need to complete just one application online via AcademicWorks.
Clark State High School Scholarships
College Credit PLUS Scholarship
- Applications are accepted June 1 – July 15 for Fall semester. Apply online via AcademicWorks.
- Student must have completed at least 30 credit hours in College Credit PLUS courses at Clark State with a 3.00 GPA at the completion of high school.
- Scholarship covers tuition and general fees of $1,000 each semester, up to three semesters ($3,000 maximum).
George T. Mueller Tech Prep Scholarship - Complete Application
The application is automatically awarded and applied to all Tech Prep Students who meet the following qualifications:
- Completion of a career technical program at a Tech Prep high school with a GPA of 2.25
- Submitted degree-seeking application to Clark State by May 15 of senior year
- $3,000 award split into $1,500 per year year ($750 per semester) for full time students who register for 12 or more credit hours each semester or $1,200 per year ($600 per semester) for students who register for 8-11 credit hours each semester.
- Maintain a 2.00 cumulative GPA while enrolled at Clark State.
- Scholarship can be used toward tuition, lab fees and books/supplies; the scholarship is not refundable.
Sometimes life can throw you a curve ball that makes graduation seem like an impossible dream. The Emergency Fund provides assistance to students at risk of dropping out of college due to unexpected financial emergencies. This assistance was created to help students stay in college and meet their educational goals, ultimately, securing a better financial future. Note: Applications are not accepted between academic terms.
There are many local agencies, civic groups and community foundations that sponsor and award college scholarship funds. These scholarships may be awarded for academic merit, special interests or career interests. You can also search websites for scholarship opportunities.
Questions? We're here to help!