Admissions For Transfer/Visiting Students
Taking classes at Clark State while you're home from your college or university is a great way to catch up or get ahead on taking some of your general electives. Not to mention Clark State's tuition is much less, so you'll be paying a lot less for the class!
Visiting students--students taking classes to transfer back to their home institution--complete the regular Clark State admissions process.
1) Complete the online Clark State application. Make sure you choose “Visiting” for the type of student and your major.
2) Choose courses that will transfer to your home institution and apply to your degree. Check with your advisor or the Registrar’s Office at your home institution to confirm that the course you choose will transfer and apply towards your degree. TIP: Visit Transferology.com to find course equivalencies for many institutions.
3) View the Clark State class schedule. Check for class sections at the location most convenient for you. To register for classes email all of the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your full name, your email and your phone number (including the area code)
- Your Clark State student number (provided in your acceptance email)
- Term and year (e.g. Summer, 2016)
- Course number, title and section number (e.g. ENG 1111, English I, EE01C)
- Attach an unofficial transcript or degree audit. This is required to verify your eligibility to take the classes that you requested.
An email will be sent to you confirming receipt of your request.
4) Pay your fees by the dates publicized on the college calendar. Fees can be paid at the Cashiers Office in Springfield, the Student Services Offices in Beavercreek and Bellefontaine or online through the myClarkState student portal. Contact your home institution for questions regarding use of financial aid to pay for your classes.
Questions? We're here to help!