Visiting students--students taking classes to transfer back to their home institution--complete the regular Clark State admissions process.
1) Complete the online Clark State application. Make sure you choose “Visiting” for the type of student and your major.
2) Choose courses that will transfer to your home institution and apply to your degree. Check with your advisor or the Registrar’s Office at your home institution to confirm that the course you choose will transfer and apply towards your degree. TIP: Visit Transferology.com to find course equivalencies for many institutions.
3) View the Clark State class schedule. Check for class sections at the location most convenient for you. To register for classes email all of the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Clark State email*:
- Your full name, your email and your phone number (including the area code)
- Your Clark State student number (provided in your acceptance email)
- Semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer)
- Course number, title and section number (e.g. ENG 1111, English I, EE01C)
- Attach an unofficial transcript or degree audit. This is required to verify your eligibility to take the classes that you requested.
An email will be sent to you confirming receipt of your request.
4) Pay your fees by the dates publicized on the college calendar. Fees can be paid at the Cashiers Office in Springfield or online through the myClarkState portal. Contact your home institution for questions regarding use of financial aid to pay for your classes.
*You can access your Clark State email through the my.clarkstate.edu portal under the "Quick Links" box on the homepage. All financial notifications will only be emailed to your Clark State email.