College Level Examination Program
Earn your degree efficiently and inexpensively with CLEP! CLEP (the College-Level Examination Program®) offers 33 exams that cover intro-level college course material.
CLEP was created to help individuals with prior knowledge in a college course subject earn their degree efficiently and inexpensively. That prior learning could have taken place through advanced high school courses, independent reading and study, online coursework or textbooks, noncredit courses or on-the-job training.
Clark State CLEP Facts:
- Clark State’s Leffel Lane location is an official CLEP testing center.
- Appointments are required to take the CLEP test.
- Learn about CLEP or register.
- There’s a $25 test administration fee on top of the CLEP fee.
Key CLEP Facts:
- Students take CLEP exams on a computer at official CLEP test centers.
- CLEP exams contain multiple-choice questions.
- CLEP exams take about 90–120 minutes to complete, depending on the exam subject.
- CLEP exams are offered year-round at more than 2,000 CLEP test centers across the country.
- Students receive their CLEP exam scores immediately after completing the exam (except for College Composition).
- More than 2,900 U.S. colleges and universities grant credit for CLEP.
Questions? We're here to help!