Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Appoints Director of Risk and Emergency Management

Clark State Appoints Director of Risk and Emergency Management

October 7, 2022

Clark State College has appointed Jon Lemen as Director of Risk and Emergency Management. Lemen brings more than 25 years of experience in public safety roles to the College.

“Jon went to school in Springfield and has been part of this community for many years,” said Dr. Matt Franz, Senior Vice President of Technology, Safety and Strategic Initiatives at Clark State. “He brings a broad set of skills and experience working as a first responder, law enforcement officer, school safety expert, and more. I am looking forward to having him as a member of the Clark State team.”

Lemen worked for the Clark County Sheriff’s Office for 16 years where he served as a deputy involved in criminal investigations, K9 handler, and Drug Unit Investigator. During his time with the CCSO he received numerous awards both locally, regionally, and statewide for his excellence in service. Before his service with the Sheriff’s Office, he had experience as a local city police officer as well as experience as a firefighter and EMT.

While Lemen was assigned as a Deputy for Moorefield and Bethel Townships in Clark County, he worked closely with township administrators and schools setting up safety plans and guidelines for best practices. 

“I implemented the Tip Submit program which allowed residences, students, and staff to submit tips of crimes or safety concerns to law enforcement,” he said.

Following his retirement from the Clark County Sheriff's Office, Lemen joined Springfield City Schools where he worked daily in the school district making home visits, working with families and staff to ensure the students were in school and learning.  He also worked alongside Clark County Children Services to assist families with any obstacles they may face, including homelessness.  

“Here at Clark State, I hope to continue building relationships with students and staff while ensuring their safety and well-being on campus,” said Lemen. “I hope to bring new ideas to help better the campus for the staff and students. I have an open-door policy and welcome conversations and new ideas. I look forward to working with everyone.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu