Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Appoints Dr. Adam Parrillo as Dean of Business and Applied Technologies

Clark State Appoints Dr. Adam Parrillo as Dean of Business and Applied Technologies

September 19, 2022

Dr. Adam Parrillo has been appointed Dean of Business and Applied Technologies (BAT) at Clark State College. Parrillo has been with Clark State since August of 2015 and began interim administrative roles in January of 2021. He has previously served as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Interim Assistant Dean, Assistant Dean, Interim Dean, and now Dean.

“I am fortunate to be supported by colleagues and only hope to live up to our collective expectations,” he said. “I've been at Clark State for some year, first as faculty, and appreciate this institution immensely. I take my profession seriously, whether as a faculty member or an administrator, especially towards those I serve and support.”

Parrillo said he is honored to be trusted to serve the college and the BAT community in this capacity, and that he strives to be open, understanding, and transparent in his duties and responsibilities.  

“I believe in the academic mission and know I can assist this institution in navigating the ongoing and upcoming challenges in serving our students with relevant and accessible academic programming,” he said. “It's been an interesting couple of years, in a variety of contexts, but I know the stability of this institution is in our team and their efforts to serve and impact our communities.”

Parrillo is a three-time graduate of the University of Cincinnati, earning a Bachelor of Science in Geography in 2000, followed by a Master’s Degree and Ph.D. in Human Geography in 2003 and 2009.

During his time as faculty, Parrillo pursued activities, which would promote his professional growth in order to positively impact the college and students. He attended educational activities and a myriad of conferences. He also participated in funding applications with industry partners and grant opportunities while also continuing some research activities and making efforts to present in different forums.

Dr. Rick Woodfield, interim vice president for academic affairs at Clark State said Parrillo’s service as the interim role of dean of BAT has been outstanding, as has his commitment to student success leadership.

“Dr. Adam Parrillo is a hardworking, student-centered, kind leader who is unassuming and supportive of his team,” said Woodfield. “His community-focused thinking helps keep the program areas he serves well connected to workforce needs and their ever-changing technology demands. This internal candidate reflects the excellence found at Clark State well.”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu