Skip to Content
Community
Clark State College Returns for Year Five of All Within My Hands’ Metallica Scholars Initiative

Clark State College Returns for Year Five of All Within My Hands’ Metallica Scholars Initiative

August 10, 2023

“The Metallica Scholars Initiative is so important to us because we are seeing results. Five years in, with the help of community colleges across the country, we are helping people fill these essential jobs which require skills and training. We are so proud and grateful that we can facilitate this program.” ~ Lars Ulrich, Metallica

Metallica’s foundation, All Within My Hands, continues its multimillion-dollar investment in critical workforce programs at community colleges nationwide. Among the schools, Clark State College has been invited to return for year five and will continue to receive Metallica Scholars funding to enhance career and technical education programs.

The Metallica Scholars Initiative (MSI) was launched in 2019 by Metallica’s foundation, All Within My Hands (AWMH), in partnership with the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC). The workforce initiative marks its fifth year with an ambitious expansion into new curricula. MSI now directly supports 42 community colleges across 33 states, and by the end of this year, it will have helped over 6,000 students pursuing careers in the trades. To date, Metallica and AWMH have invested over $6MM in the American workforce.

Reaffirming a commitment to career and technical education at the local level, each new school brings incredible opportunities to a thriving and growing community.

“The Metallica Scholars Initiative is a strong and cooperative assemblage of the nation’s best community colleges, creating a supportive climate for participants to communicate directly and share best practices,” said Peter Delgrosso, AWMH Executive Director. “As a result, our Metallica Scholars leave the program well-trained and confident. Ultimately, the impact is felt locally and nationally as Metallica Scholars enter the workforce and fill in-demand technical positions.”

The 11 schools joining MSI this year. These newly added colleges are joining a roster of veteran schools invited to continue in the program. Each year, the returning colleges play an integral part in helping guide the success of the new schools.

What began with ten colleges and mostly manufacturing programs has developed into a diverse offering of workforce opportunities for students interested in gaining the skills and training necessary to find meaningful and well-paying careers in fields and positions.

“We've heard from prior participants that this scholarship has been very important for them to achieve their goals and even go into an unexpected career field,” said Dr. Adam Parrillo, Dean, School of Business and Applied Technologies at Clark State. “This affects more than just the scholars as many of them brought their families to our recent Engineering Summer Fest who also expressed how important this is to them.  Of course, many of them rocked their Metallica concert gear!”

Media Contact

Lori Common Communications Coordinator

937.328.6086 commonl@clarkstate.edu