Skip to Content
Community
Clark State Honors 49 Students at Student Recognition Night

Clark State Honors 49 Students at Student Recognition Night

May 11, 2022

Clark State College bestowed honors on 49 students in various areas including Student Life (Phi Theta Kappa, Student Ambassadors, Student Senate, Physical Therapist Assistant Club), Work Study and Academic Programs with a celebration held on Wednesday, May 4, at the Hollenbeck Bayley Creative Arts and Conference Center in Springfield.

Faculty, staff and student organization advisors nominated outstanding students in their programs.

“We are so proud of our students and all of their accomplishments. It is an honor to celebrate our outstanding students – their perseverance, academic performance and commitment are remarkable,” said Nina Wiley, dean of student engagement and support services at Clark State.

Greg Felder was the keynote speaker. Felder is a 2014 Clark State graduate with an Associate of Arts transfer degree. He continued his education at Wright State University where he earned a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications. While at Clark State, Felder was a student ambassador, a member of the student senate, and a work-study with the student success center. He was recognized as an outstanding student at the 2014 Student Recognition event.

“I remember being in your shoes,” Greg Felder told the honored students. “I was sitting there being recognized for a great year. I was involved on campus: students senate, as a student ambassador; I was also a work-study in the student success center. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do when I got to Clark State, so my idea was to be as involved on campus, learn and gain experiences. I found my passion for storytelling and communications.”

Felder now works as a Communications Analyst for the World Bank Group, where he co-founded a youth engagement program to connect with their young audience. In 2021, he received the CEO Performance award and was also appointed to the World Bank President’s Council for Diversity and Inclusion. 

2022 Student Recognition Honorees

Beavercreek

Jakob Zurface

Centerville

Margarita Fry

Sarah Emmons

Dayton

Matt Reed

Kurtz K. Miller

Dynasty Coleman

Raine Galvin

Kyle Mildebrandt